Top Ten Reasons to Live in Naples Florida
What are the Top Ten Reasons Naples FL is a Good Place to Live?
As a longtime Naples resident, I’m often asked, “Is Naples a good place to live?” Or perhaps you are wondering, “What is the weather like in the summer?” or “How expensive is it to live in Naples?” I’m sure you have several other questions you are wondering about if you are considering moving to the Naples area.
Maybe you are just starting your search or looking for a good place for a second home. Or are you preparing for retirement and you are thinking about relocating to Florida? Why would you choose Naples over Sarasota or the east coast?
Southwest Florida – Bonita Springs, Naples, and Marco Island are known as Florida’s Paradise Coast. Who wouldn’t want to live in Paradise?
Top Ten Reasons to Live in Naples Florida
I have to say, it was a challenge to stick to just the top ten reasons to live in Naples. There are so many phenomenal reasons to consider Naples for your dream home, vacation home, second home or forever home. Here are just a few:
10. Beaches– With more than 30 miles of soft, white sandy beaches there’s plenty of room for everyone to find the perfect spot. Naples beaches are some of the best in the world and have been repeatedly ranked in Dr. Beach’s Top Ten USA Beaches. Most recently Barefoot Beach Preserve was ranked #2, and Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park was ranked #9 for 2015. Unlike many communities, the beaches and beach access are all public and easy to get to.
9. Safety & Low Crime – How safe is Naples, FL? Collier County (Naples) has the lowest crime rate for a metropolitan area in the state of Florida and 15th lowest in the state with only 1,771 crimes per 100,000 people. Lee County (Bonita Springs, Estero & Ft. Myers) is ranked 34th in the state for the lowest crime rates.
8. Shopping – Naples, FL offers a vast array of shopping options. Historic districts in Downtown Naples such as Fifth Avenue South and Third Street have boutiques, antiques, jewelry shops, and outdoor cafes all within walking distance of the beach. Waterside Shops is a beautiful, upscale shopping destination with luxury retail stores such as Nordstrom, Saks, Hermes, Gucci, and Tiffany & Company. Looking for a bargain? Head to Miromar Outlets in Estero.
7. Arts, Culture and Music – Whether your passion is paintings or sculptures, symphonies or rock bands, Broadway or one-man shows, Naples offers a plethora of opportunities to appeal to the widest variety of artistic tastes. There are over 75 galleries and artist studios in the area, over 500 artists and entertainers call Collier County home and more than 1,000 arts and cultural events are scheduled annually in the county, and many of them are free. From world-class performing and visual arts at Artis—Naples (formerly known as The Philharmonic Center for the Arts) to Fine Art Festivals in Downtown Naples there is something for everyone.
6. Healthcare – Naples is ranked the 2nd healthiest city in Florida according to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation 2015 Health Rankings. We are fortunate to have access to excellent healthcare. There are four hospitals located throughout Collier County including two locations for NCH and two for Physicians Regional. Lee County has two hospitals, Lee Memorial and Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
5. Outdoor Activities – Golfing, boating, fishing, Everglades adventures, and airboat rides!
Boating Lovers! With a range of salt, brackish and freshwater not easily discovered elsewhere, Southwest Florida touts a boatload of options for boating lovers. Offshore cruising and fishing, beachfront landings, back-bay, and river cruising, sightseeing charters and just about any other marine fun you can think of is in the boater’s backyard. And, with a subtropical climate that affords year-round opportunities and a wide range of scenery, Southwest Florida truly is a boater’s paradise unlike any other.
Golfers Paradise! There are 70 Naples Golf Communities with a total of 97 golf courses and if you look at the entire southwest Florida area we’re approaching 150 golf courses! With so many courses in one area, I’m sure it won’t surprise you that Naples is known as the “Golf Capital of the World”. Whether you are an experienced golfer or just took up the game, there is a golf course for you in our area. In fact, there are likely to be multiple communities in Naples, Bonita Springs or Estero that will fit your lifestyle and skill level.
4. Dining – Naples, Florida, has been named by Conde Nast Traveler as one of America’s Best Food Cities for the past two years. Foodies can take advantage of the many distinctive dining options throughout the Paradise Coast including fresh-off-the-dock seafood at waterfront cafes, sophisticated cuisine at five-star restaurants and numerous locally-owned, independent restaurants.
3. Weather – Naples weather has an average air temperature of 77 degrees Fahrenheit. We enjoy tropical weather year-round with more than 300 days of sunshine per year. Average highs ranging from the mid-’70s to mid-’90s and average lows from the mid-50’s to the mid-’70s, depending on season. July, August, and September are the hottest months. The best weather is from November through May when we enjoy less humidity.
2. Low Cost of Living – At first glance, it may seem like Naples would be an expensive place to live. While the price of homes may be higher than first anticipated, the property tax rate is only 1.2% of your properties value which is the 3rd lowest tax rate in the state. Additionally, we are one of the few states without a state income tax. The sales tax rate in our area is only 6%. The property tax rate in Bonita Springs is just about twice the rate in Naples, however, it’s still much lower than many communities throughout the country.
1. Atmosphere – Naples FL has repeatedly been voted one of the “happiest places in the United States”. The people are friendly and easy going. Palm trees line the streets, sunsets are spectacular, the views of the gulf coast are incredible. Every day feels like you are on vacation. Naples is truly paradise.
Visit Naples and experience all we have to offer, once you do, I’m sure you will agree it is one of the best places in the world to live.
If you are interested in exploring real estate in Naples, let me help you start down the path of owning your own piece of paradise.
Single Family Homes for Sale in Naples, Florida:
- Less than $250,000
- $250,000 – $499,999
- $500,000 – $749,999
- $750,000 – $999,999
- $1,000,000 – $2,499,999
- $2,500,000 – $4,999,999
- $5,000,000 – $9,999,999
- More than $10,000,000
About Matt Klinowski ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………