Holiday Season House Selling
7 Reasons to List Your House This Holiday Season
Should you sell your house during the holiday season? Around this time each year, many homeowners decide to wait until after the holidays to list their houses. Similarly, others who already have their homes on the market remove their listings until the spring. Let’s unpack the top reasons why listing your house now or keeping it on the market this winter may be the best choice you can make.
Here are seven great reasons not to wait:
- Relocation buyers are out there now. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays, and they need their new employees to start as soon as possible.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to days and times that are most convenient for you. You will remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Over the past few months, we’ve seen the supply of homes for sale decreasing year-over-year, as shown in the graph below:6. The desire to own a home doesn’t stop during the holidays. Buyers who were unable to find their dream homes during the busy spring and summer months are still searching, and your home may be the answer.
7. Late fall and early winter make up the “sweet spot” for sellers. The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge and reach new heights in 2020, which will lessen the demand for your house next year.
So, it may make the most sense to list your home this holiday season. Let’s get together to determine if selling now is your best move.
Considering Selling your home?
If you are looking to sell your home in Bonita Springs, Estero, Naples or Ft. Myers we encourage you to work with a Professional Real Estate Agent or REALTOR® who has the experience and knowledge to provide an accurate market comparison so you can determine the right asking price. If golf is your game, we specialize in golf community real estate. If you live in a golf community in southwest Florida, you are competing with more than 150 other golf communities. Contact us today to learn how your home or condo stacks up against the competition and how we can position your property to sell quickly and for a fair price.
About Naples Golf Guy
Contact Matt: Matt@NaplesGolfGuy.com
November 26th, 2019, Posted by NaplesGolfGuy