Benefits of Hiring a Real Estate Agent To Sell Your Home
7 Benefits of Hiring a Real Estate Agent To Sell Your Home
Hiring a Real Estate Agent to sell your home makes the process much easier for you and your family. You are more likely to earn a higher price and sell your home faster when using an experienced real estate professional.
At first glance, it seems like selling your home on your own will save you money. The most common question I hear from home sellers is “won’t I save money if I sell on my own?”. Which is usually followed by, “that way I won’t have to pay commission”. The real question is, will doing all the work on your own really save you money?
Hire an experienced real estate agent and they will do everything from paperwork to negotiating terms of the sale all with your best interest in mind. If you hire a top notch agent, they will more than cover their costs through a higher sales price as well as save you time. Here are seven important reasons you need a real estate agent to sell your home.
Local Housing Market Knowledge
One of the most important factors to successfully selling your home at the highest price is a deep understanding of the local real estate market. A real estate professional will leverage their local knowledge of the housing market to provide insight and guidance to help you earn the highest possible return on your home. Here is how they will do so:
- Access to a comprehensive list of similar or comparable homes in your neighborhood
- Training on how to compare the value of your home relative to other homes in your area
- Understanding of how current market conditions impact the value of your home which allows them to suggest the optimal pricing strategy
- Advise you about home improvements that matter most to buyers and if certain improvements should or shouldn’t be made to maximize the value of your home
List at the Right Price
The Right Pricing Strategy can have a significant impact on your sales price and ultimately your bottom line. Pricing your home competitively is key to attracting the highest offer. If you price your home too high, you run the risk of turning off buyers. If you price your home to low, you could be leaving money on the table. One of the key reasons hiring a real estate agent to sell your home is their industry experience will give you the best opportunity to price your home at the right price.
- Evaluate comparable properties, your home and current local market conditions to help identify the ideal price range to list your home
- Timing of your home sale may also impact your pricing. For example, seasonality may play a roll in the price of your home.
- Leverage strategic price points to expand your potential pool of buyers
- Make adjustments quickly if your price is not resonating with the market place
Marketing Your Home
A qualified agent already has a process in place to effectively market your home to the largest pool of buyers. The more exposure, the greater likely hood you will elicit a higher offer and perhaps multiple offers. Here’s just some of the way a real estate agent will market your listing:
- Recommendations for staging your home
- High quality professional photos to showcase the best qualities of your property
- Virtual tour with high-end videography including drone footage of your home and community
- Experience creating captivating listing descriptions of your property and the lifestyle your neighborhood that will entice buyers
- Listing your home on the local MLS and other real estate sites such as Realtor.com, Zillow, Homes.com which offer both local and global reach to buyers
- Exposure on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google, Tumbler and more!
- Manage showings and open houses to showcase your house
- Solicit feedback from buyer’s agents and share with you, both positive and any negative comments
- Consistent and frequent communication to keep you informed throughout the sales process
Negotiating with Buyers
- Will present you with the advantages and disadvantages of each offer to help you select the best one
- Effectively communicate your options for responding to an offer or multiple offers including recommendations on accepting an offer or negotiating a counteroffer.
- Go-between with the buyer’s agent to negotiate the terms including the price, timing, repairs to ensure the offer meets your needs
Will Save You Time
How much is your time worth? If you are still working, do you have enough time to handle 180 plus actions required to successfully close a real estate transaction. Or, perhaps you would rather head to the golf course for a round of golf and lunch or the beach for a little sunshine and relaxation? A real estate agent will assist with all the
- Field numerous phone calls, emails and text messages from potential buyers and other agents to coordinate showings and answer questions at all hours of the day and night
- Review all offers and present you with the advantages and disadvantages of each offer which is quite time consuming especially in a multiple offer situation
- Coordinate inspections and walk-throughs
- Handle a mountain of paperwork from the beginning to the end, which can now be handled electronically through safe and secure systems nowadays
- Manage deadlines for deposits, inspections, HOA approvals to ensure your sale is completed on time and in accordance with the contract
Stress-Free Selling Process
Often times selling a home means selling a part of you, your family and the memories you have built during the time you owned the home. Moving is already one of the top most stressful events in life and it can feel overwhelming. An experienced listing agent makes a world of difference. While you are preparing for the actual move, your representative will handle the entire sales process to successfully complete a sale. You will have one point of contact to help guide you through the process so you have the time to focus on what’s most important which is transitioning from your home.
For those of you who may be out-of-state, choosing the right agent is even more important. As an absentee owner, your circumstances may or may not allow you to be available at key points throughout the process. By hiring a real estate agent to sell your property, they will be able available for in-person showings, inspections, repairs and the final walk-trough before closing.
Hiring a Real Estate Agent with Experience
A home is typically one of your largest assets. Whether it is your primary home, second or third home it is important to hire an agent who has experience and is familiar with your community and has worked with other sellers at your price point. You’ve probably been told to interview agents. Before hiring a real estate agent to sell your home, ask the following questions:
- How long have you been licensed?
- How well do you know my neighborhood?
- How well do you know the area?
- How quickly do they respond to communications?
- Does the agent have experience with my type of transaction?
- How do I feel about the agent?
Results You Can Count On
The Naples Golf Guy Team is committed to extraordinary customer service with an emphasis on detail. Professionalism, integrity and discretion are not goals, they are standards. We collaborate with our sellers to design and implement a customized marketing campaign to present your property to the world. We are dedicated to making the sales process easier for you and your family.
Contact Matt: Matt@NaplesGolfGuy.com
December 19th, 2021, Posted by NaplesGolfGuy