New Year New Golf Rules
New Year New Golf Rules for 2019
The USGA has made major changes to Golf Rules which go into effect on Jan. 1, 2019. Several changes are expected to make it easier for players and improve the pace of play. Make sure you’re up to speed before tomorrow!
The USGA has outlined the new Golf Rules for 2019 in detail.
A couple of highlights include:
- Embedded Ball Rule – The rule now applies from tee to green instead of just the fairway
- Lost Ball – You now have 3 minutes instead of 5 minutes to find a lost ball
- Ready Golf – Players are now allowed to play when they are ready instead of waiting for the player farthest from the hole to play
- New Procedure for Dropping a Ball – You now drop the ball from knee height instead of shoulder height
- Repairing Damage on the Putting Green – Tap down those spike marks!
- Unplayable Ball in a Bunker – You can now take relief outside the bunker with a 2 stroke penalty
So before you head out to the golf course, whether it is tomorrow or next spring, make sure you are up to speed on all the golf rules going into effect starting January 1st, 2019!
About Matthew Klinowski, PA
Contact Matt: Matt@NaplesGolfGuy.com
December 31st, 2018 Posted by Matt